NEWS

보 도

Tippecanoe County Football Trio Forms Bond by Means of All-star Experi…

페이지 정보

작성자 Louis 댓글 0건 조회 20회 작성일 23-11-04 17:52

본문

INDIANAPOLIS - They viewed each other as all star football game enemies.

Rivals on the sphere can change into buddies off of it, nevertheless.

Once the high school football season wrapped up, that is how it occurred for Lafayette Jeff's Steven Stephany, Harrison's Thomas Urban and West Lafayette's JT Downey.

Stephany and Downey, as soon as on opposing sidelines for the annual season opener, clicked immediately. Urban and Stephany turned workout companions. Downey and Urban, who annually confronted off in a preseason scrimmage, are future faculty teammates at Marian University.

Last Friday, the Tippecanoe County trio ended their highschool football experience together as teammates for the North in the annual Indiana Football Coaches Association North-South All-Star Classic at Ben Davis.

"It was a Lafayette crew. They go to lunch collectively, they go to dinner collectively, they're enjoying cards, hanging out," said West Lafayette defensive coordinator Rick Roseman, a coach for the North All-Stars. "It was fairly cool to see three guys who should be rivals on the sphere, I think they're good friends now. This is a superb bonding week for those guys."

Though the North misplaced 14-zero final Friday, it was a defensive showcase and that's the aspect of the ball all three Tippecanoe County representatives performed.

Stephany's five tackles had been second most for the North, whereas Urban and Downey helped limit the South to 68 speeding yards on 19 carries.

More importantly, they formed a perpetually bond.

"This week is at all times going to be something I remember," Downey mentioned after the game. "I liked hanging out with Stephen and Thomas all week."

More:West Lafayette soccer's Downey, Roseman reunite as all-stars

When the members chosen to characterize the North group met for a picnic, Urban, Stephany and Downey instantly clung to each other.

"We need to point out what Lafayette is all about," Urban said. "We've been enemies all of high school, but we're teammates for this one week. That's the actually cool thing about it. Guys you have spent four years attempting to beat, you get to play with them for your final ever highschool game. It's cool to have that dynamic to it."

A month prior to final Friday's all-star sport, Stephany, who will play at Butler University, and Downey talked about partnering up nearly day by day.

But make no mistake, even if they're not rivals, rivalries don't die.

"That's how the sport went when you find yourself in highschool and have that rivalry," Stephany mentioned. "We still speak crap to each other about soccer. You may have a little bit bit of that in there."

Sam King covers sports activities for the Journal & Courier. Email him at sking@jconline.com and comply with him on Twitter @samueltking.

If you liked this article and you also would like to collect more info concerning all star football game i implore you to visit the webpage.